In 2017, following the sale of our premises at Rugby Place at Circular Quay, Rugby Club Limited became The Rugby Club Foundation Limited.
Throughout our history, the Club has played a significant role in spreading and strengthening the influence of the game around Australia. The Foundation has a vision of “Sharing the Spirit of the Game’’, and through this vision we will continue to support grassroots rugby across the country.
Our history can be traced back to 1943. Our original premises were established as a city base for all rugby players and lovers of the game. The Rugby Club was originally the HQ of the NSW Rugby Union and later the ARU and was where Wallaby touring teams were presented their jerseys. It was also where the Australian and New Zealand Rugby Boards agreed to establish the Rugby World Cup and later the Super Rugby and Tri-Nations competitions. Our main bar was named The World Cup Bar in honour of where “Bill” was born.