“The Home of the True Spirit of Rugby”
Towards the end of 1953 the Club’s President, Charles Moses (later Sir Charles), declared to members:
“This coming year will see us well settled in our new home. Let’s all join in our determination to make it a real, vital headquarters of the True Spirit of Rugby”.
During the ensuing years the Rugby Club has played a significant role in the consolidation of the game of rugby and in spreading and strengthening the influence of the game throughout Australia.
The Club continues to fulfil this important role.