In 2017, following the sale of ITS premises at Rugby Place at Circular Quay, Rugby Club Limited became The Rugby Club Foundation Limited.
Throughout our history, the Club has played a significant role in spreading and strengthening the influence of the game around Australia.
- Our history can be traced back to 1943.
- Our original premises were established as a city base for all Rugby players and lovers of the game.
- The Club was originally the HQ of the NSW Rugby Union and later the Australian Rugby Union.
- Wallaby touring teams were presented with their jerseys at the Club.
- It was also where the Australian and New Zealand Rugby Boards met and agreed to establish the Rugby World Cup and later the Super Rugby and Tri-Nations competitions.
- The Club's main bar was named The World Cup Bar in honour of where “Bill” was born.
The Club now has a new vision of “Sharing the Spirit of the Game’’, and, through this vision, we are increasing our financial support of grassroots Rugby across the country.